This month for me has been all about recognition. From acknowledging my influences to recognizing other bloggers, I’ve been in the mood to pay it forward instead of indulging my self-interests. With this Versatile Blogger Award being passed my way courtesy of Oh Hello, Darling, I have an excuse to do both. I’ve been honored with nominations before, but I’ve made a terrible habit of letting them slip by. Maybe this is redemption. Or maybe this is a chance for you to get to know me a little better. Surely, there’s an actual person behind all this movie talk. Continue reading
It’s hard to turn off a creative mind, even harder to turn off an anxious one. Our mind wanders in the dark, or in the dim glow of the nightlight (I’m not judging!). We toss and turn, our thoughts going on one tangent after another. Who knew a little bit of imagination could be a form of sleep deprivation. We worry about random things, hypothetical things, about the realities of tomorrow, or remain adrift in the past, fretting over stuff we can’t possibly change this instant yet that only seems to fuel the anxiety. We cuddle with our insecurities. Yes, they’re the big spoon. Continue reading
- I’m 25 and I’ve literally accomplished nothing
- I’ve spent half of my life on social media and I’m learning to accept that (I’m delightful on Twitter, less so on Facebook, but I absolutely killed it on Myspace)
- I am in lesbians with movies
- I quote movies without warning. This is my curse.
- Sometimes that means cutting people out of your life who have no idea what you’re saying (you shouldn’t be friends with those motherfuckers to begin with)
- Sarcasm isn’t just a defense mechanism. It’s a way of life.
- To err is human. To err repeatedly means you probably had too much caffeine.
- Anxiety is the most effective alarm clock
- Student loans are a lot like drowning
- A Liberal Arts education was a brilliant idea! (sarcasm)
- Self-respect is a thing I need to work on
- Dating is also a thing I need to work on but let’s not get into that right now
- Sleep is bae
- Coffee is bae
- 25 seems like a reasonable cutoff for using the word ‘bae’
- Staying in on a Friday night is a thing of beauty
- True friendship is staying at the table long after the check is paid.
- Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.
- Things often don’t go the way as planned and that’s okay
- I will never accomplish all the things I set out to do and that’s okay too
- If someone tells you to give up on your dream, you have legal grounds to punch them in the face (Self-Respect Clause 22)
- You were lucky to have loved the women who came into your life. Remember that.
- You chose writing. Writing didn’t choose you, ergo it doesn’t owe you anything.
- Listing counts as writing so good job.
*If you came here for advice, I sincerely apologize
In all seriousness, I’d like to give my thanks to those who invested in me and took the time to read my blog (you could have watched another panda video and you didn’t and I appreciate your sacrifice). It’s because of you I decided to make a personal investment and purchase this domain. That’s right, Adrian Vs. The World is official now. Here’s to a new chapter of punctuated nonsense.